- Antitrust Litigation
- Data Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Business and Complex Commercial Litigation
- Qui Tam/Whistleblower Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Entertainment Litigation
- Financial Services and Banking Litigation
- Intellectual Property and Trade Secrets
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement
Mr. Purdy was graduated cum laude from American University, Washington College of Law in 2002 where he was an editor of the American University Law Review. He earned his bachelor’s degree cum laude from Vanderbilt University in 1999.
Andrew Purdy is a seasoned litigator with over 17 years of experience both prosecuting complex claims and defending his clients against them in high—stakes matters. Mr. Purdy maintains a national practice, having litigated and tried a wide array of cases in federal and state courts throughout the country. His current practice centers on prosecuting antitrust, intellectual property, qui tam, and complex bet—the—business litigation matters on behalf of Herrera Purdy LLP’s clients.
- Directed the investigation and litigation strategy for a direct purchaser class pursuing federal antitrust claims in the Northern District of California against the leading global manufacturers of passive electronic components.
- Lead counsel for an LA-based production company pursuing various business tort claims in Los Angeles Superior Court against a shareholder for disrupting the company’s reputation and ongoing business.
- Lead counsel for a U.S. subsidiary of a large Asian garment manufacturing company pursuing trade secret theft, conversion, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty claims in Los Angeles Superior Court against a former business manager and LLC co-member.
- Co-lead counsel for a federally-recognized Native American tribe pursuing civil RICO claims in the Eastern District of California against former tribal officials and abettor defendants for their embezzlement of over $60 million in tribal funds.
- Obtained summary judgment for a prime brokerage firm and a securities settlement and clearing firm in San Francisco Superior Court against a high-profile plaintiff’s claims of market manipulation in violation of the California Corporations Code.
- Led the internal investigation for a Fortune 50 company into accounting fraud allegations against a subsidiary’s senior officers, and coordinated with federal and foreign law enforcement authorities conducting parallel criminal investigations.
- Defended several Silicon Valley-based directors targeted by the DOJ and SEC in connection with headline-grabbing insider trading claims.
- Defended a global professional services firm in all nationwide criminal, civil, and regulatory litigation resulting from Enron’s collapse.
Noteworthy contributions and successes
- Northern California Super Lawyer “Rising Star” 2015, 2016, 2017
- Southern California Super Lawyer 2019, 2020
- Volunteer Assistant District Attorney, San Francisco District Attorney’s Office, Summer 2009